Sunday, June 24, 2007

All For Love

Last year, after Shelby was born, we bought her a blanket especially for daycare. It is a thermal waffle blanket with a pink silk edge. My brothers and I all had ones like it when we were infants. A few months later, seeing as how she loves her blanket at daycare, I went back to the major department store I purchased it from (for about $15) and they no longer carried this design of blanket. I checked other major department stores. I even had a friend check Wal-Mart. No luck. Shelby now sleeps with this blanket at home and at daycare. Only one time did it have to be left at daycare (when she spit up on it about 15 minutes before I came to pick her up and it was in the laundry). Twice now, it has been forgotton at home.

I still sleep with a special blanket, so I'm not about to let her go without. So today, I bit the bullet and went to e-bay. I paid (including shipping) about $45 for another one. That's 3x what the original cost.

Now I have a real dilemma though, this retailer at ebay has blue blankets of the same design. I decided against a purchase today. I will show Jeff when he gets home. If Shelby didn't love hers so much this would be so much easier. But how can I deny her brother something like this? I know he can have other blankets. But we tried other blankets and she never took to them, what happens if he's the same?

No comments: