Sunday, March 09, 2008

Hey Jealousy!

My post yesterday made me start thinking about jealousy. It's a pretty wicked thing. Envy, after all, is one of the seven deadly sins.

It is also against the ten commandments. "Thou shalt not covet,"...

But how often are we happy with what we have. We are living in a society where we are always told we should reach beyond to the next level before we even have the time to appreciate what we have now. We have somehow lost the ability to see what is good in our everyday lives as they are not as they could be.

Now, I am not saying that we should teach our children not to achieve and work to the best of their abilities. But I do think we have lost the connection with what it means to be content in what we have. In what God has given us. How do we reclaim that? I plan on spending a lot of time figuring that out.

No comments: