Friday, January 19, 2007

No Rest for the Weary

Today I was going to rest. Today my naps were not going to be interrupted by barking dogs or ringing phones or anything else. Today I wouldn't have to get dressed.

And then the mail came. And in it were insurance forms for my doctor's office which I needed to get to them ASAP. So, I was out of bed, showering, dressing and driving into town. Now, as I was making my way over the bridge, I noticed that traffic was awfully slow in the other direction. The doctor's office is about 2 blocks from daycare. So, I took a deep breath and decided that despite still not feeling well, since I was in town and in the neighborhood and Jeff would have to battle the traffic going back across the bridge during rush hour, that I would go ahead and pick the baby up.

Whew! I'm exhausted again now that I typed all that!

No comments: